Sunday, January 4, 2009

August 2008

August was a crazy and emotional month. At the beginning of the month we had to take our dog, Skyler, to his new home. He bit a friend of Ashley’s earlier this Summer and we had to find him a place to go. We found a trainer close to Louisville that would train him to be a herding dog (that was his instinct and why he bit in the first place) and place him on a farm where he could put those skills to use. It was a very difficult time for all of us. Ed and I adopted him from the shelter as a puppy 7 years ago so it was very difficult to say goodbye.





Soccer started for both of the girls and they both enjoyed playing.









Ed and I went to the DCI International Finals in Indiana and I think he actually enjoyed it. Ashley started school on August 13th and if you read my earlier blog you know it was a hard day for me. I was pretty sappy!!









At the end of the month Ashley turned 6 and we celebrated at the pool with her friends.




Other than that we stayed busy playing with baby Katie, hanging out together and playing at the pool.






No comments: